The cold weather can be harsh to our skin. Incorporating face oil into your skin care routine, especially this winter, can be very helpful in keeping your skin looking youthful and radiant all season long. Many people have skin care routine already in place; now you have to add face oil to that? Well...yes! You can mix it with your daily moisturizer or add it after to help lock in its water content. By layering, you get the most out of your skin care products but be sure to wait a few minutes before you add another layer. You may use it every day especially if you have mature skin as it adds immediate glow to your skin.
Our favorite is Rosehip Oil, it's rich with nutrients and helps with dryness and other skin conditions and may help prevent signs of aging. If you have sensitive skin, look for oils with gentle ingredients like chamomile and lavender. For normal skin, stir away from oils that are too heavy, Marula and Jojoba oils are great for you. For Acne-prone skin, use light oil like Tea Tree Oil and Jojoba, the anti microbial properties of these oils helps with reducing acne causing bacteria. Coconut oil is great for scaliness and other skin conditions like eczema. We also love Argan oil, it's rich with Vitamin E and linoleic acid that provides moisture and soften the skin.
Overall, using face oil has tremendous benefit to your skin. It provides an extra layer of protection to lock in moisture and keep your skin looking fresh. It also help stimulate collagen production to help minimize signs of aging, it brightens the skin, even out complexion, and helps with discoloration and protect skin from free radicals.
See great face oils we found:
1. Sunday Riley C.E.O. Glow Vitamin C & Turmeric Face Oil $40 Available here
2. Biossance Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Oil. Facial Oil to Visibly Brighten, Hydrate, Firm and Reveal Radiant Skin $74 Available at Amazon
3. Honest Beauty Organic Beauty Facial Oil with Avocado + Apricot + Jojoba Oil $29 Available here
4. La Mer The Renewal Oil 0.17oz/5ml - Travel/Sample Size by La Mer $34 Available here
5. Tatcha Gold Camellia Beauty Oil: Moisturizing Face, Body, and Hair Oil Infused with 23-karat Gold flakes $95 Available here
6. Rosehip Seed Oil Organic / 100% Pure Cold Pressed / Unrefined / Omegas 3, 6 & 9 / Vitamins A C & F $22 Available here
7. Clé de Peau Beauté Radiant Multi-Repair Oil $168 Available here
8. Charlotte Tilbury Collagen Superfusion Firming & Plumping Facial Oil $60 Available here